Wednesday, August 6, 2014

National Golf Month

August is National Golf Month - are you a golfer too?  I'm not very good but I love getting out in the fresh air with friends.
Jill, Rose, Peggy and Daphne - Ardmore Golf Course, August 2014

What do quilters make for their friends or family who golf?  Here are some examples of things I have made over the years.

This small quilt is a sample for my Attic Windows online workshop at the Academy of Quilting. Each window in the quilt was sized to suit the fabric. That is why the windows are different sizes.  That is the main focus for this class - designing an attic window quilt for YOUR fabric.  I show how to create a design that works well and also how to achieve perfect miters for the sashes around the windows.

This class has just finished but it will be offered online again. If you subscribe to my FREE Email Newsletter you will receive announcements about all my online workshops.

The signup box is on the right sidebar. Enter your Email Address and click GO.



And here are boxer shorts I made for my husband with 'golf' fabric.  It is such fun finding theme fabrics that work for a person you know.




My colleague, Janice, from Anything But Boring, published a pattern she calls Golf Anyone? It includes head covers and a towel. These would be fun to make using fabrics you love and they would also make a great gift for the golfers you know.

Have you made anything with golf-themed fabric?  Leave a comment and share your story.













No comments: