Tuesday, September 16, 2014

There's still time......

............to register for my Fun with Paintstiks workshop at the Academy of Quilting!!




Elizabeth's Quilt - Quilt U Student

Class starts this Friday, Septmber 19. One lesson is posted each week for 4 weeks and the classroom will remain open until October 27th - plenty of time for you to really discover the many ways to use Paintstiks..

Ivy Stencil
This is a process class to teach you how to use Shiva®Artist’s Paintstiks to add color to paper and fabrics. You will use direct application techniques on a range of fabrics and values. You will learn how to combine two or more colors to make other colors, including using special blender Paintstiks and how to place the paint in specific spots with masking tape, commercial stencils and your own stencils made from freezer paper.

Here is a comment from one of my previous students:

I have had the Paintstiks for a long time and was so happy to get the chance for some very good ways of how to use them. I learned many ways to use the paints, some ways I like better than others, and that is knowledge, also. The class was well thought out and had a nice flow from one to the next. I put all of the work, carefully labeled, into a sketch book and designed fabric for the covers. It is great to have such a reference. I'm planning on using some of what I learned on my next big project. VO, Oregon


See you in the classroom - we'll have lots of creative fun. Sign up TODAY!


Rubbings, Stencils - Layers

No comments: