Friday, February 27, 2015

Flowers on Friday

Flowers from Hawaii again this week.
  
PLUMERIA

These yellow plumeria flowers near 
Quilt Passions Quilt Shop in Kona. 

The flowers grow on the top of these small trees. They were planted on the level below the parking area at the quilt shop, making the flowers closer to 'eye level' so I could take pictures.  
Quilt Passions is owned by Karen and Robert who organize
 the Quilting on the Beach Retreat each year.






This pink plumeria was growing around our condo in Waikoloa 
where we vacationed following the quilt retreat. 
I had my husband bend the branch down so I could get this photo.




We visited a botanical garden south of Kona and stopped at H Kimura Store in Kealakekua. It is like an old-fashioned dry goods store with a wide range of Hawaiian fabrics and imported textiles.  

I bought some Japanese Indigo fabrics for a friend and picked up 3 interesting-looking fat quarters that were rolled up near the cutting desk.  When I opened the orange one I had a lovely suprise!  Yellow and Pink Plumerias!

So....what should I make with this fat quarter?  Send me your suggestions!
  

No comments: