Tuesday, February 24, 2015

New Pattern - Zigzag Zoo

My latest pattern uses Northcott's Safari Adventures fabrics. I love the friendly animals in this print - giraffes, lions, monkeys, elephants, zebras, crocodiles and impalas! My pattern uses the animal border for horizontal rows. Simple 'zigzags', four-patch blocks and 'fast flying geese' are used in the other rows. This is a fun and easy quilt. Size is 40" x 48".

Also included in the pattern are a pillowcase and a pyjama bag. Both these projects are well-illustrated and sew up very quickly.

Safari Adventures is Northcott’s latest collection in support of Quilts for Kids Inc., a charity creating quilts for children with life-threatening illnesses or those who have suffered from abuse. A portion of sales from Safari Adventures will be donated to Quilts for Kids. Visit www.quiltsforkids.org for more information. 
Buy the pattern at the Patchworks Studio Store.

I saw all these animals (and more) when I visited relatives in South Africa in the 1980s. Here are a few pictures I took when my Aunt and Uncle took me to Kruger National Park.









No comments: