Monday, March 2, 2015

Report from Hawaii

I am back in the studio and almost feeling in the same Time Zone!  But I do miss 'Island Time' - the relaxed atmosphere, the sun and beaches, the golf course and no schedule to keep.

I had an amazing time at the Quilting on Beach Retreat. I taught 2 classes: Give and Take Appliqué Design Discoveries and Machine Quilting with Decorative Stitches.

Didn't get too many pictures from the first class - everyone was busy creating a wide range of designs. Here is a photo of some of the results - great work by enthusiastic students!


And here are pictures from the Decorative Stitches workshop. Students worked on one of my latest designs showcasing tropical flowers and leaves.


Here is my sample for the class. I had a blast choosing decorative stitches and threads for this piece - and they were all used for the quilting, including stitching around the appliqués.


Everyone had the opportunity to try a range of threads, they learned which needles to use with each thread and they sampled their stitches to get them 'just right'.  Our classroom was amazing - lots of space for each student, lots of ironing stations, full walls of windows on 2 sides (!), close to the beach - who could ask for more!

This is a new class to my repertoire so if you've been wondering how to use your decorative stitches in a new way, want to learn about threads, needles and more I'd love to travel to your shop or guild to lead you along the way to creating your own amazing design.  

Ask your Workshop Organizer to contact me for my teaching information.




No comments: