Friday, April 3, 2015

Flowers on Friday

Coming to you this week from CABS (Creative Arts Business Summit) in Washington, DC.

This beautiful bouquet decorated our meeting room. Aren't the spring colours amazing! The placement of the different flowers and colours reminds me of how we arrange our fabrics when we make quilts. There are different values (light / dark), the luminosity of the yellow flowers keeps our eyes moving around the arrangement and the range of textures add interest.

Flowers on Friday - CABS 2015

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE LIME GREEN - so I had to take a closeup of the spider mum!


Flowers on Friday - CABS 2015

This could be a great inspiration for an Easter quilt. Hope the Easter Bunny visits your house this weekend!

Flowers on Friday - www.daphnegreig.com


Here's a picture of me with the flowers (and wearing Lime Green). Thanks Brenda Miller
(from Among Brenda's Quilts and Bags) for sending me this picture. 





No comments: