Monday, July 27, 2015

Quick Bably Quilt - a FREE pattern


I have been busy sewing for the past few weeks; it is nice to re-introduce myself to my sewing machine!  There is a 'baby boom' going on around here. My granddaughter, Brooklyn, is 3 months old and close friends have a new grandson.  New babies mean .....baby quilts!  
 
This is the baby quilt I made for our friends' grandson.
  
I had a set of bright-coloured checks and stripes Fat Quarters for a LONG time. I bet you have fabrics in your stash, just waiting for the perfect project.  I knew I wanted to use a couple of them for a child's quilt and the timing couldn't be better!

 
 
 
 
 
 
This quilt was so fast and fun to make. I quilted the quilt on my Handi Quilter Avante and used this quilt to learn about some of the features and ruler tools. I quilted half-circles and circles and a random box design to add texture to the quilt.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: