Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Finally FINISHED!

I first told you about this quilt in December 2013 - WOW....I hadn't realized this quilt had been a UFO for that long!  But it is finally complete - quilted, bound and ready to use.





The madras plaid fabrics and some of the prints were collected when I was teaching on my Caribbean Quilt cruise.


I used my HQ Avante to quilt my quilt. I used the 6" HQ Mini Ruler to guide the straight stitching on the floral patches and I stitched bubbles in the Madras patches. I used Superior Rainbows thread.




It feels good to finish this quilt....only about 10 more UFO's to be quilted!

Here's the link to the original blog post with information about the design.

4 comments:

Gail Maxwell Tucker said...

2 years old? That's a an active WIP! In my life, UFO's are often teenagers

Daphne Greig said...

some of mine waiting for quilting are very old..almost out of 'teenager' Gail. I just can't part with them or find a block of time to finish them. It is always my summer 'goal'

Monica said...

I love your variation on this quilt, Daphne, with the mix of plaids and prints. Beautiful! :D

Daphne Greig said...

Thanks Monica. I wasn't sure if it would be as effective as the original quilt with white but I loved using fabrics from my trip and I think the pattern 'marches' around fairly well.