Thursday, November 19, 2015

Catching up............

I can't believe we are already more than half way through November! And I haven't shared any news for more than 2 weeks.

So what have I been doing? Recovering from Quilt Market - I caught a cold a couple of days after I got back from Houston so that set me back for a few days. Then I had lots of follow-ups to do after Market.

 A family dinner and spending time with my Granddaughter (after I recovered from the cold) were also scheduled. I made her first Christmas Stocking - nice and big so it will last for years and years.  The pocket is made from a sample panel of flannel fabric. There are 5 other panels with the snowman doing different things. Another project is in the works for those panels. I'll share the results after Christmas.

Decorative Machine stitching - just a bit of GLITZ!


















I travelled to Snip & Stitch Sewing Centre in Nanaimo last week to talk about what is NEW in the quilting world and show the upcoming fabric collections from Northcott. Several students also joined me for a 'Demo and Make/Take' Day. I showed students how they can use Strip-Rs and No-Sew Circles fabrics to make some amazing projects.

No-Sew circles make this project quick and EASY!
Strip-R's - the fastest way to Bargello!





















Students used my 'Ripless Paper Piecing' technique to make a Winter Tree Mug Rug. The new Clover Wedge Iron worked beautifully for paper piecing. Compact, thin sole so pressing is perfect and it heats up quickly and hot enough to use for all your patchwork and paper piecing projects.




I demo'd a couple of  rulers from Sew Kind of Wonderful. The original Quick Curve Ruler can be used for an amazing array of projects. Here's my demo sample.




The Quick Curve Mini is their latest offering. Check out all the arrangements that can be made with these blocks.























And here is a photo from their booth at Quilt Market. They have written lots of patterns for both rulers and also have a book with new projects and ideas.



Kathy, the shop owner, hosted me overnight at her home. She's getting ready for the holidays too. Check out these PJs her grandchildren will be receiving.....and even some for the DOLLY! She used Northcott's Lumberjack Flannel - so soft and cuddly and CUTE!


Dolly needs PJs too!

And, if that wasn't enough to keep me HOPPING in the last few weeks.....I have also written and published TWO NEW PATTERNS!

First up is CRISSCROSS - bold, graphic, easy strip piecing! Fabrics are from Northcott's Artisan Spirit collection Painter's Passion. You can also select your favourite 5 high contrast fabrics to make this 80" square quilt.



I designed Gemstone to showcase upcoming Island Batik fabrics - and I loved this design so much that I made it with the batik...................


and for my friend Jill as a 'Welcome Home' gift....................




and still another version for my granddaughter!


I've got another wallhanging size ready for binding. That will be next week's project.  I'll do a tutorial about how I sew my binding completely by machine. Stay tuned......






These new patterns are available in the Patchworks Studio Store.


Wow...this has been a LONG blogpost....but lots to catch up on.  Talk to you next week!






No comments: